Mullein Hag Candles/Torches (Healing)
Please note: (1) ONE mullein candle is $15
Hag taper is a folk name for the wonderfully medicinal and magical mullein plant. Although ruled by the planet Saturn, this herb is often associated with fire. In ancient times, one would gather this magnificent herb, dry it out, then dip the spike in animal fat or tallow, and use as a torch for outdoor festivities and ceremonies. Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) is traditionally known as an Herb of Protection. Other common names for Mullein Candles are Flower Torches, Mullein Torches, Witches Candles and Hag Tapers.
We have handcrafted these Mullein Hag Tapers with mullein we wild harvested ourselves (and friends) from our walks in NE Ohio & Pennsylvania and used 100% pure beeswax.
Bound to each Mullein candle is a Hag Stone collected from the shores of the Hook Peninsula in Wexford, Ireland.
The Hag Stone should be unbound before burning. It can be worn as an amulet or used in magick workings. Hag stones offer powerful protection against evil spirits, the evil eye, and negative intentions.
Also included is a Page-printed on Parchment for your Journal/BOS detailing the magickal properties of Mullein.
When burned, these “candles” are used as powerful tools for:
* Purification (purifying a sacred space)
* Connecting with spirits (especially ancestors)
* Thinning the veil between the physical and spiritual worlds
* Necromancy rituals
* Samhain (Hallow’s Eve) rituals
* Other desired rituals
MADE OF: wild-harvested mullein stalks, beeswax, Essential Oils and dried herbs appropriate for Healing Spells or Protection including Bay Leaves, Birch Leaves, Fennel Seed and Roses.
* this candle is approx. 9-10.5 inches in length and approx. 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. This is a natural product and mullein flower stalks vary in size.
* Mullein Hag Tapers burn approx. 15 minutes per inch
* It is best to burn entirely once lit (however, you may dip safely in water to extinguish and cut stalk to save for multiple uses)
* Mullein Hag Tapers produce little to no smoke, and does not disintegrate when burning (there is very little ash).
* Safest to burn outdoors; do not leave unattended as flame can produce a 3-inch flame at times.
* Initial flame will catch once the top of the beeswax melts and mullein stalk is exposed
* You may cut the stem to the bottom of the candle and place in a taper candle holder. The stem is left in case you want to push into the ground outdoors.
* (1) Mullein Hag Taper is $15 each
*The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products, and the testimonials made, have not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or ailment.